Wolverhampton vs Stoke City is a confrontation that will take place at 6:00 pm on September 17 – Enough to overcome. This is a match in the 2nd round of the EFL Cup. Wolverhampton vs Stoke City prediction will provide in-depth suggestions, analyze the performance of the two teams before the match so that you can choose the best team for yourself.
- Match date: 6:00 pm on Thursday 17th September 2020
- Event: EFL Cup
- Stage: 2nd Round
- Location: Molineux Stadium
WOLVERHAMPTON VS STOKE CITY PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON
- Up until the quarter-finals of the Europa League last season, Wolverhampton did not have too much time to prepare for the new season, but the fact that they do not have any friendly matches shows the framework that coach Nuno Santo owning is actually very uniform. So, the Wolves are very confident in the direction of the upcoming 1/32 League Cup match.
- Once considered a nasty team in the Premier League when often causing certain difficulties for the big guys when confronted, but Stoke City is now only a mid-range team in the Championship and ranked 15th. In the end, last season made that very clear. Coach Michael O’Niell’s army also just got a 0-0 draw against Millwall in the first round of the Championship.
In the British League Cup last season, Stoke City excellently overcame two tough rivals, Wigan and Leeds United, to fill their names in the first round of 16, but they suddenly lost the match against a competitor. Underneath is Crawley in this match. Wolverhampton, on the other hand, did a little better when it was not until the eighth round that they had to stop after the defeat against Aston Villa.
WOLVERHAMPTON VS STOKE CITY PREDICTION TIPS:
- Playing at home so Wolverhampton has a handicap ¾ is completely understandable, the Molineux home team often plays very well every time they play at their home and the performance is very good with 4 wins and only 1 lost. Being unbeaten in the last 5 away matches also shows that Stoke City is not an easy team to be bullied. However, with outstanding strength, the Wolves was able to win.
- Wolverhampton vs Stoke City prediction: Wolverhampton -3/4
- The ability of the strikers on the Stoke City side is facing many problems, the best proof is the 2 goals in the last 5 matches. Along with that, most of the previous clashes between the two teams did not appear many goals. Therefore, it is likely that this will be a not too overwhelming victory for the home team.
- Select: Under 2.1/2
Wolverhampton vs Stoke City prediction:
- Wolverhampton vs Stoke City: 2 – 0 (H1: 1 – 0)
- Stoke City often causes a lot of difficulties for Wolverhampton in the times that the two teams have encountered each other in the past. But the Wolves now has completely transformed and gradually improved their performance in recent years, as evidenced by the fact that they have been unbeaten in the last 2 encounters. Therefore, Wolverhampton will be the right choice in the European handicap.
- Select: Wolverhampton FT
- Wolverhampton: Rui Pedro dos Santos Patricio, Conor Coady, Willy Boly, Romain Saiss, Ruben Vinagre, Ruben Neves, Leander Dendoncker, Joao Filipe Iria Santos Moutinho, Raul Alonso Jimenez Rodriguez, Oskar Buur, Adama Traore Diarra.
- Stoke City: Adam Davies, Martins Indi, James Chester, Danny Batth, Morgan Fox, John Obi Mikel, Sam Clucas, Nick Powell, Sam Vokes, Tommy Smith, Tyrese Campbell.