Wolfsburg vs Bayer Leverkusen prediction about the match between Wolfsburg vs Bayer Leverkusen in the first round of Bundesliga – German National Championship, which took place at 4:00 pm on September 20, 2020.
- Match date: 4:00 pm on Sunday 20th September 2020
- Event: Bundesliga
- Stage: Matchday 1st
- Location: Volkswagen Arena
STANDING / BUNDESLIGA
WOLFSBURG VS BAYER LEVERKUSEN PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON
- In the Bundesliga season, the Wolfsburg players did not have a steady performance at the end of the season and leading to them getting 7th place in the end with 49 points after 13 wins, 10 draws and 11 losses, in that lost in the last 2/3 round. Currently, they are getting quite well prepared through recent matches, evidenced by winning all the last 4 matches including 3 friendly matches and 1 match of the national cup.
- The only worry of the Volkswagen Arena team is that their recent home performance is very bad, namely only winning 1, drawing 1 and losing 5 in the last 7 consecutive matches, in which the only especial victory against 2nd place team Holstein Kiel in the friendly match.
- With a lack of good performance in the sprint last season, Bayer Leverkusen could not compete for a Champions League spot in the season after only scoring 63 points after 19 wins, 6 draws and 9 losses. Since the beginning of August, the home team of BayArena has had a total of 4 matches, including 2 matches in the Europa League arena, 1 match in the national cup and 1 friendly match, as a result, they won 2, draw 1 and lose, in which the defeat was against the representative from Serie A Inter Milan.
- But Bayer Leverkusen has a very good away record in recent years when winning 8, drawing 1 and losing only 1 in the last 10 matches.
WOLFSBURG VS BAYER LEVERKUSEN PREDICTION TIPS:
- These are all quite average teams in the Bundesliga and their achievements last season are also very good when they both get a place in the Europa League arena this season. Their head-to-head record last season was equal when Bayer Leverkusen won 2-0 in the away first leg but lost 1-4 in the return leg at BayArena home. Therefore, this will be a match that is supposed to be quite balanced and it is very easy for them to win or lose.
- Wolfsburg vs Bayer Leverkusen prediction: Wolfsburg +1/4
- Statistics show that, in the recent 34 encounters of these two teams, they have not once had the score less than 2 goals, even up to 30 matches ending with 3 or more goals. Wolfsburg owns a very good scoring performance when the last 4 consecutive matches have scored 2 or more goals. Bayer Leverkusen has scored in the last 9/10 away matches and even these 6/10 matches they all score more than 2 goals per game. So, choosing Over is reasonable.
- Select: Over 2.3/4
Wolfsburg vs Bayer Leverkusen prediction:
- Wolfsburg vs Bayer Leverkusen: 2 – 2 (H1: 0 – 1)
- These two teams respectively ranked 5th and 7th in the Bundesliga rankings last season and their head-to-head achievements are equal, so it can be seen that their strength is not too different. If so, Bayer Leverkusen is better, but playing away from home is also a disadvantage for them now. Meanwhile, the home team has been in very good form recently in friendly matches ahead of the tournament. Therefore, the home team will be a wise choice.
- Select: Draw FT
- Wolfsburg: Pavao Pervan, Josuha Guilavogui, Maxence Lacroix, Pavao Pervan, Paulo Otávio, Maximilian Arnold, Renato Steffen, Yannick Gerhardt, João Victor, Admir Mehmedi, Wout Weghorst
- Bayer Leverkusen: Lukas Hradecky, Edmond Tapsoba, Sven Bender, Lars Bender, Daley Sinkgraven, Charles Aránguiz, Karim Bellarabi, Kerem Demirbay, Nadiem Amiri, Florian Wirtz, Lucas Alario