West Bromwich vs Brentford is a confrontation that will take place at 6:00 pm on September 22. This is a match in the 3rd round of the EFL Cup – British League Cup. West Bromwich vs Brentford prediction will provide in-depth suggestions, analyze the performance of the two teams before the match so that you can choose the standard team for yourself.
- Match date: 6:00 pm on Tuesday 22nd September 2020
- Event: EFL Cup
- Stage: 3rd Round
- Location: The Hawthorns
WEST BROMWICH VS BRENTFORD PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON
- West Bromwich had to meet a very strong opponent in the Premier League in their first match, Leicester City in the opening match of this season, so the total defeat of 0-3 was in many people’s predictions. Coach Slaven Bilic and his students did not face too many difficulties in the last 1/32 League Cup match when they won an overwhelming 3-0 victory over Harrogate Town.
- Brentford was in a similar situation when they lost 0-1 to Birmingham on the day of his debut in the first division, but coach Thomas Frank’s students showed a completely different face when they beat Southampton at home in round 1/32 of the last League Cup. That will be the premise for the Griffin Park home team to have confidence.
Brentford did not have good results in the League Cup last season before being eliminated from the round of 1/64, that defeat was considered extremely disappointing when they only had to welcome their opponents in the lower division. Cambridge United. The situation of West Bromwich is also quite similar when receiving a 1-2 defeat against Millwall also within round 1/64.
WEST BROMWICH VS BRENTFORD PREDICTION TIPS:
- Last season, the two teams were also rivals in the race for the second ticket to be promoted to the Premier League, thanks to a bit of stability in the final rounds that helped West Bromwich win with about only 2 points away. It also proves that there are not too many differences between the two teams and with a better head-to-head record, Brentford is able to win.
- West Bromwich vs Brentford prediction: Brentford FT
- Only facing the team playing in League Two is Harrogate Town, so it is not too surprising that West Bromwich has easily won 3-0. However, they will have to face the team that has caused them many difficulties last year in the upcoming match, so the ability of the home team to find goals is not high and Under will be a reasonable option.
- Select: Under FT
West Bromwich vs Brentford prediction:
- West Bromwich vs Brentford: 0 – 1
- The history of 4 previous encounters does not show the difference between the two teams, as evidenced by each side winning 1 victory and holding each other in the remaining 2 matches. However, the most recent encounter was in the second leg of the match last season and Brentford excellently defeated the opponent. So the same thing will most likely be repeated.
- Select: Brentford FT
- West Bromwich: Johnstone, Ajayi, Bartley, Furlong, O’Shea, Pereira, Sawyers, Townsend, Diangana, Livermore, Robinson.
- Brentford: Daniels, Bech Sorensen, Goode, Thompson, Dalsgaard, Baptiste, Davilva, Norgaard, Mbeumo, Fosu, Forss.