Vancouver Whitecaps vs Real Salt Lake prediction – Both Vancouver Whitecaps and Real Salt Lake are getting off to a struggling start at this year’s MLS. Therefore, in the confrontation in the next round of 16, it is difficult to evaluate which team’s determination to win is greater when they all appear to be quite thirsty to improve their position on the rankings.
- Match date: 2:00 am on Sunday 11th October 2020
- Event: MLS
- Stage: Matchday 16th
- Location: Providence Park
- 10/04/2020 – Seattle Sounders 3 – 1 Vancouver Whitecaps (H1: 0 – 0)
- 09/28/2020 – Vancouver Whitecaps 0 – 1 Portland Timbers (H1: 0 – 1)
- 09/24/2020 – Los Angeles FC 6 – 0 Vancouver Whitecaps (H1: 5 – 0)
REAL SALT LAKE
- 10/05/2020 – Real Salt Lake 1 – 3 Los Angeles FC (H1: 0 – 2)
- 09/28/2020 – Minnesota United FC 0 – 0 Real Salt Lake (H1: 0 – 0)
- 09/24/2020 – Real Salt Lake 2 – 0 Los Angeles Galaxy (H1: 0 – 0)
- 09/20/2020 – Real Salt Lake 1 – 2 Vancouver Whitecaps (H1: 0 – 0)
- 10/07/2019 – Vancouver Whitecaps 0 – 1 Real Salt Lake (H1: 0 – 1)
- 03/10/2019 – Real Salt Lake 1 – 0 Vancouver Whitecaps (H1: 1 – 0)
STANDING / MLS
VANCOUVER WHITECAPS VS REAL SALT LAKE PREDICTION & TIPS
- Vancouver Whitecaps is currently with Inter Miami as the two teams with the most number of defeats today when losing 10/15 rounds, and they are also one of the two teams with the most number of goals today with 34 goals, just under San Jose Earthquakes.
- After a 2-1 win over the opponent in this match on away field in round 12, they lost 3 consecutive rounds, including a 0-6 defeat against Los Angeles FC. The recent home performance of the home team BC Place is not very bright when losing 4/6 recent matches, in which even though the attacker has played very effectively, it cannot make up for the defenders too pathetically.
REAL SALT LAKE
- Real Salt Lake’s current performance is also not very good as they only have 18 points after 4 wins, 6 draws and 5 losses, in which the away record is not too bad when winning 1, drawing 3 and only lost 1 of the last 5 matches.
- However, the recent performance of the Rio Tinto home team is quite bad when the last 5 rounds they only won 1 match, drew 1 and 3, in which the rare victory was against Los Angeles Galaxy with 2-0 at home. In the last 2 rounds, losing to a very strong team, Los Angeles AV and a draw with Minnesota United, is considered a not too bad achievement for this team.
Vancouver Whitecaps has lost all 3 recent matches but remember that all 3 of their opponents are highly appreciated, including 2 teams that are ranked 5th and 6th on the chart at this time, the Seattle Sounders and Portland Timbers. So, it wasn’t too bad a result for them. Moreover, in the first leg not long ago, they defeated Real Salt Lake 2-1 away and now the visitors are not in high form. Therefore, the Vancouver Whitecaps vs Real Salt Lake prediction believes that the home team can continue to get good results against this opponent, just like what they did in the first leg.
Vancouver Whitecaps vs Real Salt Lake prediction: Vancouver Whitecaps 2 – 1 Real Salt Lake (H1: 1 – 1)
- Vancouver Whitecaps: Bryan Meredith, Erik Fernando Godoy, Derek Cornelius, Jakob Nerwinski, Ali Jamil Adnan, Janio Bikel, Andy Rose, Cristian Andres Dajome Arboleda, Freddy Montero, Manuel Milinkovic, Lucas Daniel Cavallini
- Real Salt Lake: Andrew Putna, Marcelo Silva Fernandez, Nedum Onuoha, Aaron Herrera, Justen Glad, Damir Kreilach, Maikel Chang, Pablo Ruiz Barrero, Justin Meram, Albert Rusnak, Douglas Martinez