Sporting Braga vs AEK Athens prediction – After two consecutive defeats on the day of the debut in Primeira Liga, things have gradually returned to orbit with coach Carlos Carvalhal’s team with two victories against underdogs Tondela and Nacional. Braga is considered to have a pretty good momentum to welcome the Greek team AEK Athens on the opening day of the Europa League this season.
- Match date: 7:00 pm on Thursday 22nd October 2020
- Event: UEFA Europa League
- Stage: Matchday 1st
- Location: Braga Municipal
STANDING / UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE
SPORTING BRAGA VS AEK ATHENS PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON
- Sporting Braga, though being appreciated for their class and also in this arena last season, they passed the group stage with the first place in the group, with the presence of very strong representation from the Premier League, Wolves.
- However, the performance of this team this season is not convincing when in the domestic arena they only got 6 points after 4 matches with 2 wins and 2 losses, worth mentioning as one of 2. That victory was against an underrated rookie Nacional. Also in the Portuguese league last season, Sporting Braga had a pretty good position, it was third place in the end.
- AEK Athens is a Greek team and they are highly appreciated on this trip. The evidence is that in the last round of the Greek national championship, they had not bad results when holding the highly regarded team PAOK Saloniki with a score of 1-1 at their home field. In addition, to be in the group stage of the Europa League this year, coach Massimo Carrera and his students had to overcome two stubborn opponents, the first was the representative from Switzerland, St. Gallen, then the team that was known as the one who stood in the way of the big guys in the Premier League tournament, Wolves.
- In general, the recent performance of this team is quite good when the last 6 matches on all fronts they won 4, drew 1 and lost only 1.
SPORTING BRAGA VS AEK ATHENS PREDICTION TIPS:
- Although they are at home and their performance in this arena last season was very good when they got past the group stage with first place, Sporting Braga’s recent form is not good so they are expected to have a hard time in this match. Meanwhile, AEK Athens has been in very good form recently and what they have done to get to this group stage is quite impressive. Therefore, it is not easy for the home team to win this clash.
Sporting Braga vs AEK Athens prediction: AEK Athens +1/2 FT
- One of the biggest weaknesses of the Portuguese representative at the moment is the defense when the last 9/10 matches they have conceded, but the attacker is playing well when only in the last 2 matches. This has had up to 6 phases. On the opposite side, AEK Athens is also a very beneficial team in the attacking front when there are 2 goals in the net of the team with good defense, Wolves in the final qualifying round of this arena. Therefore, choosing Over is a wise decision.
- Select: Over 2.1/4
Sporting Braga vs AEK Athens prediction:
- Sporting Braga vs AEK Athens: 2 – 2 (H1: 1 – 1)
- With a less convincing performance in the past, Sporting Braga gradually failed to get confidence when he lost 4/5 of the last opening. Meanwhile, the representative of Greece has a very high rate of winning in recent times when winning in the last 4/6 matches. Moreover, the 2-1 victory over the highly regarded team Wolves in the decisive match to compete for the group stage showed that AEK Athens is not bad. Therefore, choosing the underdog is wise.
- Select: Draw FT
- Sporting Braga: Matheus, Bruno Viana Willemen Da Silva, David Carmo, Ricardo Esgaio Souza, Nuno Sequeira, Fransergio Rodrigues Barbosa, Andre Castro Pereira, Iuri Jose Picanco Medeiros, Joao Paulo Dias Fernandes, Wenderson Galeno, Ricardo Jorge Luz Horta
- AEK Athens: Matheus, David Carmo, Bruno Viana Willemen Da Silva, Nuno Sequeira, Ricardo Esgaio Souza, Fransergio Rodrigues Barbosa, Wenderson Galeno, Andre Castro Pereira, Iuri Jose Picanco Medeiros, Ricardo Jorge Luz Horta, Joao Paulo Dias Fernandes