Southampton vs West Bromwich prediction – In the 4th round of the Premier League season, Southampton will welcome rival West Brom at home. Up to this point, both teams have disappointed fans with what has been shown. To play in their own sanctuary, 3 points will be Southampton’s goal. Let’s follow and predict which team will win after 90 minutes of official competition on October 4.
- Match date: 11:00 am on Sunday 4th October 2020
- Event: Premier League
- Stage: Matchday 4th
- Location: St. Mary’s Stadium
STANDING / PREMIER LEAGUE
SOUTHAMPTON VS WEST BROMWICH PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON
- Rated higher, but Southampton had to lose 1-2 in their trip as a guest in the opening round against Crystal Place. The 2-5 defeat in round 2 is completely acceptable when the army of coach Ralph Hassenhuttl must march to Tottenham’s home field. It took the third turn for The Saints to find the joy of victory by beating Burnley 1-0 at away.
- West Bromwich’s situation is quite similar to that of their opponents, having to encounter a very strong team, Everton and Leicester City, made them empty in the first two rounds. Coach Slaven Bilic and his students made a great surprise in the third round when they led Chelsea to 3 goals in the first half, but the loss of class made them unable to preserve the score and accept sharing points with the draw 3-3.
Having 1 point debut, West Bromwich temporarily escaped the group holding the red light and climbed to 17th place on the rankings, which will surely give them a lot of motivation. However, Southampton’s morale is very high after winning the first victory of the new season, not to mention that they are still playing at St. Mary’s in this turn.
SOUTHAMPTON VS WEST BROMWICH PREDICTION TIPS:
- In the last 5 openings, the win rate of the two teams is quite balanced when each side has 2 times to do the above. But Southampton is definitely the team that holds more advantages when they play in their home, and West Bromwich proved extremely weak away from home with only drawing and losing in the last 4 marches. Therefore, The Saints would be the right choice.
Southampton vs West Bromwich prediction: Southampton -3/4
- West Bromwich’s attackers are a bit better than their opponents when they have scored 5 goals compared to just 3 of Southampton after the last 3 matches. However, only 6 times conceded compared to 11, the army of coach Ralph Hassenhuttl is a team that has a more solid defense. So, this promises to be an exciting match.
- Select: Over 2.1/2
Southampton vs West Bromwich prediction:
- Southampton vs West Bromwich: 2 – 1
- In addition to the experience of playing in the Premier League, Southampton has also appreciated thanks to their history of confrontation, they won 4 wins and only 1 defeat in the last 5 encounters with West Bromwich. So the home team St. Mary’s can fully afford the next 3 points when there are so many things supporting them right now.
- Select: Southampton FT
- Southampton: Alex McCarthy, Jan Bednarek, Janick Vestergaard, Kyle Walker-Peters, Ryan Bertrand, James Ward Prowse, Oriol Romeu Vidal, Stuart Armstrong, Che Adams, Moussa Djenepo, Danny Ings.
- West Bromwich: Samuel Johnstone, Dara O Shea, Kyle Bartley, Conor Townsend, Semi Ajayi, Grady Diangana, Romaine Sawyers, Darnell Furlong, Matheus Pereiras Profile, Jake Livermore, Callum Robinson.