Saint Etienne vs Montpellier prediction – Both Saint Etienne and Montpellier are not known to win in the last 4 rounds. With a position in the lower half of the standings, the two teams are lack points after a series of disappointing matches. Round 9 they met on Etienne’s field in an attempt to improve position. Both sides aim to win, promising an exciting match.
- Match date: 12:00 pm on Sunday 1st November 2020
- Event: Ligue 1
- Stage: Matchday 9th
- Location: Stade Geoffroy Guichard
- 10/25/2020 – Metz 2 – 0 Saint Etienne (H1: 1 – 0)
- 10/18/2020 – Saint Etienne 1 – 3 Nice (H1: 0 – 2)
- 10/03/2020 – Lens 2 – 0 Saint Etienne (H1: 1 – 0)
- 10/25/2020 – Montpellier 0 – 4 Reims (H1: 0 – 3)
- 10/18/2020 – Monaco 1 – 1 Montpellier (H1: 0 – 0)
- 10/04/2020 – Montpellier 0 – 1 Nimes (H1: 0 – 0)
- 02/09/2020 – Montpellier 1 – 0 Saint Etienne (H1: 1 – 0)
- 11/24/2019 – Saint Etienne 0 – 0 Montpellier (H1: 0 – 0)
- 07/19/2019 – Montpellier 2 – 4 Saint Etienne (H1: 2 – 1)
STANDING / LIGUE 1
SAINT ETIENNE VS MONTPELLIER PREDICTION & TIPS
- Saint Etienne had stormed at the beginning of the season when they won the first 3 rounds, then completed in the next round, even beating the defending runner-up Marseille with a score of 2-0 immediately on the away field. However, the next 4 matches followed by 4 rounds of heavy disappointment by coach Claude Puel’s army when they showed a completely different face with 4 consecutive defeats, it is worth mentioning in the failures.
- There are defeats to weak opponents like rookie Lens or the most recent 0-2 defeat against Metz in the previous round. Even worse, all these 4 losses are with a difference of 2 goals.
- Montpellier’s situation is quite similar to their opponent in this match when they played well in the opening rounds with winning in the first 3/4 rounds, including winning Lyon Nice, Both are doing very well right now.
- However, since that time until now they have not had another victory when they only draw 2 and lost 2, which it is worse than just losing 0-4 to Stade Reims at home, so remember it was just a team that only got 5 points after 8 matches and is ranked at the penultimate position in the standings. Moreover, in the last 4 matches, they both lost 2 home matches and drew 2 away matches.
Through the above statistics, it can be seen that the performance of the two teams is quite similar, namely that they played well in the first rounds and declined in the following matches. However, Saint Etienne’s defeat in Metz’s field in the last trip is an acceptable result when this team is in very high form when they have lost 5 consecutive matches recently with 3 wins and 2 draws.
Meanwhile, in the previous round, Montpellier lost to the current team ranked at the penultimate ranking, Stade Reims with a 4-goal difference. Therefore, the Saint Etienne vs Montpellier prediction thinks that the ability of the home team to win in this confrontation is more feasible.
Saint Etienne vs Montpellier prediction: Saint Etienne 2 – 1 Montpellier (H1: 1 – 0)
- Saint Etienne: Jessy Moulin, Saidou Sow, Panagiotis Retsos, Alpha Sissoko, Aimen Moueffek, Yvan Neyou Noupa, Kevin Monnet-Paquet, Mahdi Camara, Denis Bouanga, Adil Aouchiche, Romain Hamouma
- Montpellier: Jonas Omlin, Vitorino Hilton de Silva, Daniel Congre, Nicolas Cozza, Ambroise Oyongo, Joris Chotard, Arnaud Souquet, Damien Le Tallec, Andy Delort, Florent Mollet, Gaetan Laborde