Although Inter Milan have so far not had any positive players for Covid-19, striker Romelu Lukaku revealed that symptoms of the virus had been on the team since January.
Striker Lukaku said the team had a week off in December
Then returned to practice and play from early January 2020. At that time, 23/25 players showed signs of coughing and fever. The Belgian striker himself has not had a fever for many years but feels that his body is warmer than usual. In the match against Cagliari on January 26, defender Milan Skriniar left the field at the end of the match but could not fly, then almost fainted. After that match, the whole team had dinner with sponsor Puma but Lukaku thanked everyone for going to bed. No players were tested and tested for COVID-19 until the first case in Italy on February 21.
Currently, in Italy, there are 181,000 infected people (3rd in the world) with 24,000 deaths (2nd in the world). Every day Italy records 2,256 new infections and 454 deaths. Although the number of deaths has decreased, the government sees greater efforts to stop the spread.
The 26-year-old striker also talked about the close relationship in daily life in Italy far different from in England, where Lukaku used to play for Everton, Chelsea and Manchester United. Lukaku said up to seven players live on the same street and go to dinner together once a month. Meanwhile, in England, it took 4 months for the players to invite each other to have dinner together once. In addition, many Italian teams have a habit of having dinner together.
Serie A teams are still divided over whether or not to return to play for the end of the 2019-2020 season because of the disease. The blockade of Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte will expire on 3 to 5, so many teams plan to return to training from 4 to 5 and Serie A may restart on May 31. Methods of medical examination for players when returning to practice and play that the Italian Football Federation has not built. Many clubs and health experts recommend ending the season to prevent the spread of the virus despite economic losses.
8 teams do not want Serie A to restart
While many officials try to push Serie A to complete the 2019-2020 season, many clubs in this tournament do not want to return for player health reasons during the Covid-19 epidemic season.
Whether or not to relaunch Serie A is the subject of controversy over the past 3 weeks in Italy. Lazio president Claudio Lotito wants to return to play because his club has the opportunity to compete for the Scudetto this season, losing just one point to the top team Juventus after 26 rounds. Sports Minister Vincenzo Spadafora is scheduled to meet with the Serie A Organizing Committee on Wednesday to discuss the possibility of restarting football matches.
Currently, there are 8 clubs that do not want to return to the competition. The first was President Brescia Massimo Cellino, who made the decision last week. Now there are 7 more clubs: Torino, Sampdoria, Bologna, Parma, SPAL, Cagliari and Udinese. Most of these clubs are located in northern Italy, where the disease spread very seriously. Local media mentioned the name of Fiorentina Club, but the team was silent due to this information.
Another sign that the Italian Football Federation, Serie A and the teams have not been able to agree on a plan to restart football matches that have been halted since March 11 until now. It was Dr. Torino’s Rodolfo Tavana who decided to leave the Medical Council of the Italian Football Federation. He was selected as a Serie A representative in the federation but announced his departure after one and a half months of working as a member of the team building a medical practice when football returned. Dr. Tavana stated that she has worked conscientiously all the time and there was no discord. However, his personal and business problems arose that left him no longer fully committed and left to give to others.
Read more: https://thenewssports.net