Portland Timbers vs San Jose Earthquakes prediction – Round 17 of the American Major tournament, Portland Timbers will play at the home field and welcome the San Jose Earthquakes visitors.
- Match date: 02:0 am on Monday 12th October 2020
- Event: MLS
- Stage: Matchday 17
- Location: Providence Park
- 10/08/2020 – LA Galaxy 3 – 6 Portland Timbers (H1: 1 – 2)
- 09/28/2020 – Vancouver Whitecaps 0 – 1 Portland Timbers (H1: 0 – 1)
- 09/24/2020 – Portland Timbers 1 – 0 Seattle Sounders (H1: 1 – 0)
SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES
- 10/08/2020 – San Jose Earthquakes 3 – 0 Vancouver Whitecaps (H1: 0 – 0)
- 10/04/2020 – San Jose Earthquakes 2 – 1 LA Galaxy (H1: 1 – 1)
- 09/28/2020 – Los Angeles FC 1 – 2 San Jose Earthquakes (H1: 1 – 0)
- 09/20/2020 – San Jose Earthquakes 1 – 6 Portland Timbers (H1: 1 – 2)
- 09/17/2020 – San Jose Earthquakes 1 – 1 Portland Timbers (H1: 0 – 1)
- 10/07/2019 – Portland Timbers 3 – 1 San Jose Earthquakes (H1: 1 – 1)
STANDING / MLS
PORTLAND TIMBERS VS SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES PREDICTION & TIPS
- Portland Timbers entered this match with extreme excitement as they are possessing a shining performance lately. The evidence is that this team has won all four of the most recent matches, including a very strong 6-1 victory on the opponent’s own field in this match.
- Even more frightening when in the last 4 victories, the home team PGS Park has also surpassed the defending champion Seattle Sounder, the team has won 5/6 recent matches. The only weakness of Portland Timbers at the moment is that they have not had a good home record in the past time when they only won 1, 2 and lost 2 in the last 5 matches.
SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES
- San Jose Earthquakes also has a fairly stable performance when they have won all 3 in the last 3 matches, in which the best one is that they beat Los Angeles FC with a score of 2-1 on the away field, remember it is the opponent they lost 1-5 in the first leg not long ago.
- In addition, the defeat of Los Angeles FC was also a victory that cut off the previous series of bad home matches by coach Matias Jesus Almeyda’s team when there were 4 consecutive defeats before. However, the current performance of San Jose Earthquakes is not very good as they only got 20 points after 5 wins, 5 draws and 6 losses.
Although San Jose Earthquakes is making very clear progress in recent matches, that is not enough to help them get a high rating on this trip because the opponents are getting better in many ways. With the last 4 consecutive victories, including a 6-1 victory right on the field of this opponent, Portland Timbers has confidence that they will once again surpass this opponent, not to mention they are 7 points ahead of this opponent and kick less than 1 match
With these advantages, the Portland Timbers vs San Jose Earthquakes prediction found that this will be a difficult game for the visitors and a victory will be a not too difficult task for the home team.
Portland Timbers vs San Jose Earthquakes prediction: Portland Timbers 3 – 1 San Jose Earthquakes (H1: 1 – 1)
- Portland Timbers: Steve Clark, Larrys Mabiala, Dario Zuparic, Pablo Bonilla, Marco Farfan, Diego Ferney Chara Zamora, Eryk Williamson, Marvin Antonio Loria Leiton, Cristhian Paredes, Andy Polo, Felipe Andres Mora Aliaga
- San Jose Earthquakes: James Thomas Marcinkowski, Lopez Lanfranco, Tanner Beason, Marcos Johan Florian Jungwirth, Judson Silva Tavares, Carlos Eduardo Fierro Guerrero, Nick Lima, Jackson Yueill, Cristian Espinoza, Chris Wondolowski, Andres Lorenzo Rios