PAOK Thessaloniki vs Omonia Nicosia prediction – In the first match of Group E, PAOK Saloniki welcomed the weakest team of group Omonia Nicosia. This is a match with a difference in both class and performance, few people dare to believe in a positive result for the away team.
- Match date: 4:55 pm on Thursday 22nd October 2020
- Event: UEFA Europa League
- Stage: Matchday 1st
- Location: Power8 Stadium
- 10/19/2020 – AEK Athens 1 – 1 PAOK Thessaloniki (H1: 1 – 0)
- 10/04/2020 – PAOK Thessaloniki 3 – 0 OFI Crete (H1: 1 – 0)
- 10/01/2020 – PAOK Thessaloniki 1 – 2 FC Krasnodar (H1: 0 – 0)
- 10/18/2020 – Ethnikos Achnas FC 1 – 2 Omonia Nicosia (H1: 0 – 2)
- 10/04/2020 – Omonia Nicosia 3 – 0 AEL Limassol (H1: 0 – 0)
- 09/30/2020 – Omonia Nicosia 0 – 0 Olympiakos Piraeus (H1: 0 – 0)
- 08/22/2008 – Omonia Nicosia 0 – 1 PAOK Thessaloniki (H1: 0 – 0)
STANDING / UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE
PAOK THESSALONIKI VS OMONIA NICOSIA PREDICTION & TIPS
- PAOK Thessaloniki was very close to the Champions League group stage when in the last game they failed with a close score of 1-2 in both matches against Russia’s representative Krasnodar, that result also helped them went straight into this arena without having to pass the preliminaries.
- In the domestic arena this season, PAOK Thessaloniki is getting off to a good start when it is one of the few teams that have not yet received any defeat with 2 wins and 3 draws, temporarily ranked 4th after the first 5 matches. In addition, the Greek representative has a very good home record when in the last 8 consecutive matches they only lost 1, drew 3 and won 4, the only defeat was against Krasnodar.
- Omonia Nicosia is the team that dominates the top of the group in the Cyprus National Championship when they are gaining 14 points after 6 unbeaten matches with 4 wins and 2 draws, in which they won all 3 consecutive matches. In addition, they also came to the group stage of the Europa League this year from having failed in the final round of the Champions League preliminary match after losing to Olympiakos with a total score of 0-2 after 2 matches, including a draw in the return match on home field.
- In general, the recent performance of this team is quite stable when they have lost only 1 match out of the last 11 consecutive matches on all fronts, but in terms of experience in the European arena, they are the team that is not appreciated.
This is a match that is considered to be quite balanced when both come to the group stage of the Europa League this year according to a relatively similar scenario that they both failed in the final match of the Champions League preliminary match and are doing very well in the domestic arena. If PAOK Thessaloniki is more appreciated when playing at home and is more appreciated for experience in the European front, Omonia Nicosia is having a somewhat more stable form on all fronts.
Therefore, the PAOK Thessaloniki vs Omonia Nicosia prediction believes that it is likely that this will be the match with a tug of war and a draw is very likely to happen.
PAOK Thessaloniki vs Omonia Nicosia prediction: PAOK Thessaloniki 1 – 1 Omonia Nicosia (H1: 0 – 0)
- PAOK Thessaloniki: Zivko Zivkovic, Sverrir Ingi Ingason, Giannis Michailidis, Fernando Varela, Stefan Schwab, Anderson Esiti, Dimitrios Giannoulis, Léo Matos, Christos Tzolis, Andrija Zivkovic, Antonio Colak
- Omonia Nicosia: Fabiano, Tomas Hubocan, Jan Lecjaks, Michael Lüftner, Ádám Lang, Jordi Gómez, Abdullahi Shehu, Eric Bauthéac, Michal Duris, Kaly Sene, Ernest Asante