Nottingham Forest vs Cardiff City prediction about the match between Nottingham Forest vs Cardiff City in the 2nd round of Championship – English First Division, which took place at 11:30 pm on September 19, 2020.
- Match date: 11:30 am on Saturday 19th September 2020
- Event: Championship
- Stage: Matchday 2nd
- Location: City Ground
- 09/12/2020 – Queens Park Rangers 2 – 0 Nottingham Forest (H1: 0 – 0 )
- 09/05/2020 – Barnsley 1 – 0 Nottingham Forest (H1: 0 – 0)
- 07/23/2020 – Nottingham Forest 1 – 4 Barnsley (H1: 0 – 1)
- 09/12/2020 – Cardiff City 0 – 2 Sheffield Wednesday (H1: 0 – 2)
- 09/05/2020 – Northampton Town 3 – 0 Cardiff City (H1: 1 – 0)
- 07/31/2020 – Fulham 1 – 2 Cardiff City (H1: 1 – 1)
- 02/26/2020 – Cardiff City 0 – 1 Nottingham Forest (H1: 0 – 0 )
- 11/30/2019 – Nottingham Forest 0 – 1 Cardiff City (H1: 0 – 1)
- 04/22/2018 – Cardiff City 2 – 1 Nottingham Forest (H1: 1 – 0)
STANDING / CHAMPIONSHIP
NOTTINGHAM FOREST VS CARDIFF CITY PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON & TIPS
- Once a highly appreciated team when last season only lost to the promoted playoff group in terms of sub-stats but recently, Nottingham Forest has been disappointed when they have not once found the joy of winning in 8 consecutive games, even losing all the last 4 matches in all competitions.
- Even worse, in the two defeats this season, coach Sabri Lmouchi and his students lost to Burnley in the League Cup match, so remember this is just a team that last season was only 1 point higher than the relegation group. In the opening match of this year’s Championship, Nottingham Forest even lost to QPR 0-2, their opponent was 12 points behind them last season.
- Cardiff City is a team that had a pretty successful last season, only unfortunately they were unable to gain promotion when they lost in the Playoff semi-final, the round that they even won 2-1 in the second leg, but lost 0-2 in the first leg away.
- Even worse, this season, the students of coach Neil Harris have been defeated with a 3-goal difference that does not equalize against a team playing in League Two, Northampton Town, in a League Cup match, then just lost 0-2 to Sheffield Wed at home with the score 0-2 in the opening match of the Championship this year. One of the reasons that Cardiff City’s recent performance is not good is that the last 3/4 of their attack did not score.
This will be a very awaited match in this second round because these are both teams with very good strength and last season only 3 points behind each other. Moreover, they will definitely be determined in this match when they are all disappointed with the last bad performance, especially in the first match.
However, the past head-to-head record fully supports Cardiff City when they have won 4/5 of their recent encounters with this opponent, even winning the last 5 trips as a guest. For these reasons, the Nottingham Forest vs Cardiff City prediction believes that the visitors will spend all 3 points on this trip.
Nottingham Forest vs Cardiff City prediction: Nottingham Forest 0 – 0 Cardiff City (H1: 0 – 1)
- Nottingham Forest: Brice Samba, Tobias Pereira Figueiredo, Joe Worrall, Jordan Lawrence-Gabriel, Tyler Blackett, Jack Colback, Joe Lolley, Ryan Yates, Joia Nuno Da Costa, Luke Freeman, Lewis Grabban
- Cardiff City: Alex Smithies, Curtis Nelson, Sean Morrison, Joe Bennett, Jordi Osei-Tutu, Will Vaulks, Junior Hoiletts Profile, Leandro Bacuna, Sheyi Ojo, Joe Ralls, Kieffer Moore