Montpellier vs Angers prediction about the match between Montpellier vs Angers in the 4th round of Ligue 1 – French National Championship, which took place at 1:00 pm on September 20, 2020.
- Match date: 1:00 pm on Saturday 19th September 2020
- Event: Ligue 1
- Stage: Matchday 4th
- Location: Stade de la Mosson
- 09/16/2020 – Montpellier 2 – 1 Lyon (H1: 1 – 0)
- 09/12/2020 – Montpellier 3 – 1 Nice (H1: 1 – 0)
- 09/04/2020 – Montpellier 1 – 3 Clemont (H1: 0 – 0)
- 09/13/2020 – Angers 1 – 0 Reims (H1: 0 – 0)
- 09/04/2020 – Angers 6 – 1 Chateauroux (Hi1: 3 – 0)
- 08/30/2020 – Angers 0 – 2 Bordeaux (H1: 0 – 2)
- 02/23/2020 – Angers 1 – 0 Montpellier (H1: 0 – 0 )
- 10/27/2019 – Montpellier 0 – 0 Angers (H1: 0 – 0)
- 03/10/2019 – Montpellier 2 – 2 Angers (H1: 2 – 0)
STANDING / LIGUE 1
MONTPELLIER VS ANGERS PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON & TIPS
- Montpellier has just excelled in defeating a rival Lyon in the last round with a score of 2-1 at their home field, remember that Lyon is a team with very good strength when in the Champions League last they beat Manchester City in the quarterfinals and only stopped in the semi-finals against Gray Lobster.
- In addition, coach Zakarian and his students had won in the previous round against Nice, the team that took part in the Europa League group stage this season when they finished 5th place last season. Montpellier has a recent home record too impressive when they were unbeaten in the last 8 consecutive matches on all fronts, including 7 wins, 21 goals scored and only 4 goals lost.
- Angers is also having a bad record when they have won 6 points after 2 wins and 1 loss, in which they just defeated a highly appreciated opponent Stade Reims, the team ranked 6th last season. The only failure that coach Stephane Moulin and his students have received in the last 3 rounds is against Bordeaux, this is a disappointment when they play at home and the opponent is not appreciated.
- In general, Angers’ recent performance is very good when they won the last 5/6 matches, followed by a victory over Le Mans and Saint Etienne in two friendly matches, remember Saint Etienne is the team that made PSG worried in the 0-1 defeat in the final of the national cup not long ago.
The above statistics have partly shown that both these teams are in good form over the past time. However, Montpellier’s record of beating Lyon in the previous round clearly outpaced Angers’ victory over Stade Reims. In addition, Montpellier is having home advantage, a spiritual fulcrum that has helped them to be unbeaten in the last 8 consecutive matches with 7 wins and 1 draw, even the last 17 games only lost to each defending champion, Paris Saint Germain.
Therefore, the Montpellier vs Angers prediction believes that the home team can completely spend all 3 points in the reception of this opponent.
Montpellier vs Angers prediction: Montpellier 2 – 0 Angers (H1: 0 – 0)
- Montpellier: Jonas Omlin, Vitorino Hilton de Silva, Pedro Mende, Daniel Congre, Mihailo Ristic, Teji Savanier, Jordan Ferri, Damien Le Tallec, Andy Delort, Arnaud Souquet, Gaetan Laborde
- Angers: Paul Bernardoni, Romain Thomas, Ismael Traore, Souleyman Doumbia, Abdoulaye Bamba, Antonin Bobichon, Thomas Mangani, Santamaria Baptiste, Pierrick Capelle, Angelo Fulgini, Stephane Bahoken