Middlesbrough vs Barnsley is a confrontation that will take place at 5:00 pm on September 15. This is a match in the second round of the British League Cup – EFL Cup. Middlesbrough vs Barnsley prediction will provide in-depth suggestions, analyze the performance of the two teams before the match so that you can choose the standard winner for yourself.
- Match date: 5:00 pm on Tuesday 15th September 2020
- Event: EFL Cup
- Stage: 2nd Round
- Location: Riverside Stadium
MIDDLESBROUGH VS BARNSLEY PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON
- Middlesbrough only had to face the bottom team is Shrewsbury Town in the opening match of the English League Cup this season, but they struggled to win with a close 4-3. Despite facing many difficulties, the recent victory will help Coach Neil Warnock’s army have more confidence in the next round.
- Choosing rivals for the Premier League team is Newcastle in the only friendly match to prepare for the new season, it is not too surprising that Barnsley must receive a 1-2 defeat on away field. They entered the round of 1/64 of the British League Cup with the reception of a fairly equal opponent, Nottingham Forest, and coach Gerhard Struber and his students did not make any mistakes to win 1-0.
These are the two teams that are very familiar with playing in the Championship, Middlesbrough is considered to be a little bit better when finishing 17th last season, with the fortunate first relegation, Barnsley is definitely not to be overrated and at the moment. Therefore, the Middlesbrough vs Barnsley prediction believes that the home team is able to win this confrontation.
MIDDLESBROUGH VS BARNSLEY PREDICTION TIPS:
- Middlesbrough’s home record is not really good with 1 victory and 3 defeats in the last 4 games. However, Barnsley is not a team that does well on away field, 1 win, 1 draw and 2 defeats are what they have done in the last 4 trips. So home advantage will be the driving force for Middlesbrough to win.
- Middlesbrough vs Barnsley prediction: Middlesbrough FT
- In Middlesbrough’s last 3 games, their strikers have scored 10 goals and their defense conceded only 4 goals. On the other side of the front line, with 2 goals and 2 goals to pick up the ball after 2 matches, Barnsley can still hope to have a goal in this confrontation. So, Over will be a reasonable choice.
- Select: Over FT
Middlesbrough vs Barnsley prediction:
- Middlesbrough vs Barnsley: 2 – 1
- Barnsley has failed in the last 3 trips to Riverside Stadium, which shows that this is easy to come and difficult to back place for coach Gerhard Struber and his students. With better performance and rankings last season, Middlesbrough will certainly not have too much trouble to defeat the opponent in the second match this time.
- Select: Middlesbrough FT
- Middlesbrough: Marcus Bettinelli, Grant Hall, Patrick McNair, Anfernee Dijksteel, Djed Spence, George Saville, Marcus Tavernier, Jonathan Howson, Ashley Fletcher, Marvin Johnson, Britt Assombalonga.
- Barnsley: Jack Walton, Mads Juel Andersen, Jordan Williams, Michael Sollbauer, Callum Styles, Marcel Ritzmaier, Kilian Ludewig, Alex Mowatt, Conor Chaplin, Cauley Woodrow, Victor Adeboyejo.