Marseille vs Saint Etienne is a confrontation that will take place at 7:00 pm on September 17 – Circuit break all wins. This is a match in the first round of the K-League. Marseille vs Saint Etienne prediction will provide in-depth suggestions, analyze the two teams’ performance before the match so that you can choose the best odds for you.
- Match date: 7:00 am on Thursday 17th September 2020
- Event: Ligue 1
- Stage: Matchday 1st
- Location: Stade Velodrome
STANDING / LIGUE 1
MARSEILLE VS SAINT ETIENNE PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON
- Marseille’s start to the new season is not really appreciated when they only have a record of 3 wins and 2 defeats. However, the army of coach Andre Villas-Boas showed an excellent face when Ligue 1 officially started. Specifically, after defeating Brestois in the first match, the Velodrome home team continued to defeat defending champions Paris Saint Germian in the second round.
- The last 3 friendlies in the preseason gave Saint Etienne not so good results, they won 1 victory and lost the next two matches. Coach Claude Puel and his students had a very successful start after the first two matches of this season, home advantage helped them win in the two games to welcome FC Lorient and Strasbourg.
With 6 points in hand, the two teams are right next to each other on the rankings when ranked 4th and 5th, respectively. However, remember that Marseille is the current runner-up of the tournament and owns 1 more quality lineup. So, they will make the most of their strengths in order to rise to the top after this first-round match.
MARSEILLE VS SAINT ETIENNE PREDICTION TIPS:
- Both teams are in high form after the first 2 rounds, so the reason why Marseille is rated at the upper door with a half handicap is that they are playing at the Velodrome. The achievement here of coach Andre Villas-Boas and his students is also very good with only 1/14 failure of the latest reception. So, the choice will definitely not be for the team that has lost in the last 6 away matches like Saint Etienne.
- Marseille vs Saint Etienne prediction: Marseille -1/2
- Saint Etienne’s defense is very solid when they have not received any goals in the last two games, but looking at the underdogs they have encountered, this is quite understandable. Across the field, facing Paris Saint Germain, Marseille’s well-organized defense stood still and made the opponent hug at home. With that, Under will be a safe choice in this matchup.
- Select: Under 2.1/4
Marseille vs Saint Etienne prediction:
- Marseille vs Saint Etienne: 2 – 0 (H1: 0 – 0)
- One more reason to put faith in Marseille is that they are holding the winning record in the last 4 clashes with Saint Etienne. Not to mention, three times of marching to the past Velodrome did not bring good memories to coach Claude Puel and his students when receiving results that were completely lost. Therefore, the home team is more likely to rise to the top after this match.
- Select: Marseille FT
- Marseille: Steve Mandanda, Alvaro Gonzalez Soberon, Duje Caleta-Car, Hiroki Sakai, Yuto Nagatomo, Boubacar Kamara, Pape Alassane Gueye, Valentin Rongier, Maxime Baila Lopez, Florian Thauvin, Dimitrie Payet.
- Saint Etienne: Jessy Moulin, Thimothee Kolodziejczak, Wesley Fofana, Yvann Macon, Mathieu Debuchy, Mahdi Camara, Adil Aouchiche, Yvan Neyou Noupa, Denis Bouanga, Arnaud Nordin, Romain Hamouma.