Derby County vs Preston North End is a confrontation that will take place at 5:30 pm on September 15. This is a match in the second round of the British League Cup – EFL Cup. Derby County vs Preston North End prediction will provide in-depth suggestions, analyze the performance of the two teams before the match so that you can choose the standard winner for yourself.
- Match date: 5:30 pm on Tuesday 15th September 2020
- Event: EFL Cup
- Stage: 2nd Round
- Location: Pride Park Stadium
DERBY COUNTY VS PRESTON NORTH END PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON
- Derby County entered last season with a lot of expectations, but they made the fans disappointed when they ranked 10th in the final with 64 points after 46 rounds. Coming to the Confederation Cup this year, coach Phillip Cocu’s army had to rely on a penalty shootout to defeat the bottom team – Barrow in the match of 1/64.
PRESTON NORTH END
- Preston North End was on top of their opponents by exactly 1 place at the end of last season, they were 9th with 66 points after 46 rounds. Confronted with a weaker team in all aspects, Mansfield Town in the 1/64 match, Coach Alex Neil and his students showed their superiority when they won an overwhelming victory with a score of 4-0 immediately on the home field.
Derby County has always been the ones who have taken advantage of their previous confrontations between the two teams, so they are sure to be more appreciated in this confrontation. Their recent form is not too good and the history of confrontation will partly help coach Phillip Cocu’s army to have more confidence towards victory in the confrontation in this second match.
DERBY COUNTY VS PRESTON NORTH END PREDICTION TIPS:
- Preston North End could not win any of the last 7 marches to Pride Park stadium, namely, they only won 3 draws and lost in the remaining 4 matches. Therefore, this will be a journey containing difficulties for the students of coach Alex Neil, so the home team will be a safe choice.
- Derby County vs Preston North End prediction: Derby County FT
- There have been 7 goals in the last 5 matches, but the reason that Preston North End’s attack was not appreciated is that they gave up 2/5 matches. On the other side, Derby County is not better when only shooting exactly 4 times in the last 5 matches, so Under is still receiving more confidence in this match.
- Select: Under FT
Derby County vs Preston North End prediction:
- Derby County vs Preston North End: 1 – 0
- Holding the unbeaten streak up to 14 games against Preston North End with 10 wins and 4 draws shows that Derby County is outperforming their opponents completely, in which the home team at Pride Park has won completely in 2 clashes going and returning last season, so victory is completely within the reach of the home team in this matchup.
- Select: Derby County FT
- Derby County: Roos, Clarke, Evans, te Wierik, Hojmes, Forsyth, Buchanan, Bird, Sibley, Knight, Marriott.
- Preston North End: Ripley, Huntington, Bauer, Earl, Browne, Bayliss, Harrop, Pearson, Barkhuizen, Potts, Maguire.