Bristol City vs Northampton prediction about the match between Bristol City vs Northampton in the 2nd round of EFL Cup – British League Cup, which took place at 6:45 pm on September 16, 2020.
- Match date: 6:45 pm on Wednesday 16th September 2020
- Event: EFL Cup
- Stage: 2nd Round
- 09/12/2020 – Bristol City 2 – 0 Coventry City (H1: 1 – 0 )
- 09/05/2020 – Bristol City 4 – 0 Exeter City (H1: 3 – 0)
- 07/23/2020 – Bristol City 1 – 1 Preston North End (H1: 0 – 1)
- 09/09/2020 – Milton Keynes Dons 3 – 1 Northampton Town (H1: 1 – 1)
- 09/05/2020 – Northampton Town 3 – 0 Cardiff City (H1: 1 – 0)
- 08/29/2020 – Northampton Town 0 – 3 Luton Town (H1: 0 – 0)
- 03/03/2007 – Bristol City 1 – 0 Northampton Town (H1: 1 – 0 )
- 08/30/2006 – Northampton Town 1 – 3 Bristol City (H1: 1 – 1)
BRISTOL CITY VS NORTHAMPTON PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON & TIPS
- Bristol City is getting off to a very impressive start this season, in particular, they won 4-0 over Cheltenham Town in a friendly match ahead of the tournament. Following that, they did not lose too much strength to overcome Exeter City, a team playing in League Two with a score of 2-0 in the first round of this arena and most recently all 3 points with a 2-1 win over Coventry in the 1st round of the Championship.
- The home field is also a spiritual fulcrum that brings very good achievements to the Ashton Gate team when they are unbeaten in the last 6 consecutive matches with 4 wins and 2 draws, even winning the 3 recent matches.
- Northampton Town is a team that had a breathtaking season in League Two before they barely managed to make it into the promotion playoffs and then beat Cheltenham Town in the semi-final second leg in turn with a score of 3-0 and then destroy Exeter City 4-0 in the final to officially win promotion tickets to League One this season.
- Even more impressive is that in the first match of this season they met a very strong opponent, Cardiff City, but defeated this opponent convincingly with a score of 3-0 in the first round of this arena. In the first round of League One, coach Keith Curle and his students had a bad match when they drew AFC Wimbledon with a score of 2-2.
Bristol City will have to be very cautious against this opponent when it should be remembered that in the first round, this team had a devastating victory over a fierce opponent, Cardiff City. However, with the level of a team that has a lot of experience in the Championship compared to a team that has just been wet from League Two to League One, it is clear that Northampton Town is underestimated.
In addition, with a very impressive performance in the last matches of the Ashton Gate team, the Bristol City vs Northampton prediction believes that they will have an overwhelming position against this opponent and win.
Bristol City vs Northampton prediction: Bristol City 2 – 1 Northampton Town (H1: 1 – 1)
- Bristol City: Daniel Bentley, Zak Vyner, Tomas Kalas, Taylor Moore, Han-Noah Massengo, Jamie Paterson, Andreas Weimann, Jack Hunt, Nahki Wells, Tommy Rowe, Famara Diédhiou
- Northampton Town: Jonathan Mitchell, Cian Bolger, Fraser Horsfall, Michael Harriman, Luka Racic, Christopher Missilou, Ryan Watson, Joseph Mills, Harry Smith, Ricky Korboa, Matt Warburton