Brighton vs Portsmouth is a confrontation that will take place at 6:45 pm on September 17. This is a match in the 2nd round of the EFL Cup. Brighton vs Portsmouth prediction will provide in-depth suggestions, analyze the performance of the two teams before the match so that you can choose the best odds for yourself.
- Match date: 6:45 pm on Thursday 17th September 2020
- Event: EFL Cup
- Stage: 2nd Round
- Location: American Express Community Stadium
BRIGHTON VS PORTSMOUTH PREDICTION: TEAM COMPARISON
- Despite a lot of challenges in the Premier League last season, Brighton still excelled in relegation with 41 points after 38 rounds. Their friendly season also ended quickly with only 2 friendly matches, the result of a draw in both matches is completely acceptable when Chelsea is one of the two opponents that coach Graham Potter and his students must face.
- Finishing 5th place in League One last season allowed Portsmouth to gain access to the promotion play-offs, but a 3-2 defeat after two matches against Oxford caused Coach Kenneth Francis to stop in the semifinal round. Until this season, after winning 4-3 in round 1/64 of the League Cup against Stevenage, Portsmouth had a goalless draw with Shrewsbury in the opening match of League One.
It is quite interesting that the two teams have a very balanced record in the League Cup last season before they both stopped in round 1/16. Portsmouth had to clash with a much stronger opponent, Southampton and lost with an overwhelming score 0-4, while Brighton proved too immature when losing 1-3 in a trip to Aston VillBrighton -3/4a.
BRIGHTON VS PORTSMOUTH PREDICTION TIPS:
- The ability of the two teams to win the Asian handicap is very balanced when each side has won 2/5 of the most recent opening. But the fact that Brighton is clearly rated a lot better, the main reason comes from the advantage of the field and playing in the higher league. Therefore, the home team is fully able to win the ticket to go to the next round.
- Brighton vs Portsmouth prediction: Brighton -3/4
- The new defense is Brighton’s strong point at the moment, they only conceded 3 goals after the last 5 matches. The record of 7 goals in 5 games shows that Portsmouth’s attack still retains its effectiveness, but the defense does not have the certainty needed with 5 goals. Therefore, the possibility of Over appearing in this match is very high.
- Select: Over 2.1/2
Brighton vs Portsmouth prediction:
- Brighton vs Portsmouth: 3 – 1 (H1: 2 – 0)
- In the previous four encounters, Brighton is proving too overwhelming when holding a full win against Portsmouth. At the present time, that will most likely continue to be repeated when the difference in qualifications is also very large, not to mention Portsmouth is a pretty weak team at away when only drawing 2 and losing 3 in the last 5 operations.
- Select: Brighton FT
- Brighton: Ryan, Burn, Webters, Dunk, Stephens, Mac Allister, Bissouma, Connolly, Maupay.
- Portsmouth: MacGillivray, Raggett, Wahtmough, Pring, Johnson, Morris, Curtis, Naylor, Harness, Evans, Marquis.